STUBBORN
A simple story of recovery by C.J., a graduate and general of the Sons of Helaman program--
I'M STUBBORN! I won't sugar coat it, I'd rather pound my way through a problem by myself than get help from someone but when I got to the Sons of Helaman program things changed. It became a great tool to get help.
My secret to success was accepting the help of others. When I had fallen into one of the traps of the adversary I thought I was alone but when I reached out for help I found it. Whether it came from my brothers in group, my Bishop, or Heavenly Father... I found great support.
What is truly amazing is the ability for someone so low to find a helping hand through the Atonement. I realized that because I was willing to get help through my afflictions I could find many blessing other wise not open to me. My brothers in the Sons of Helaman program are great people who have fallen in the dust but we all fought side by side to get up and shake off the dust of the earth that defiled us. We all come together to strengthen, refine, and encourage our recovery process. I have personally received so much help and then shared what I have found to be useful.
With group allowing me to get help from my brothers and MAN PWR turning me to self improvement-- I found myself better able to bow my head and receive help from my Heavenly Father. I found his love, and received a strengthened witness that he does live and will help me if I need it. I didn't just loose the chains of addiction that bound me and shake off the dust of the earth but I found my armor and was able to battle any type of moral attack. With this strength I am more aware of any fiery dart Satan throws at me. This is my strength. Relying on what strength I have around me in my brothers and Heavenly Father I am a General and continue to fight, ALWAYS! I'm that STUBBORN!
Note from Cody:
For those of you who are noticing a "stubborn" attitude when contemplating to share your weakness or...to know your weakness. Take a note from C.J.'s story. It's amazing when you find you are not the only earthling dealing with your EXACT hardship with different details. I've witnessed a lot of people recover from addiction and other behavior issues and one thing they all have in common...The more they shared their story with people they LOVED and TRUSTED, the more they recovered from the shame and guilt they were experiencing...transforming the negative reinforcement of a stubborn attitude to the freedom that comes from a humbled heart. I am grateful for Heroes like C.J.
Cody Hawes MSW, LCSW
Life Changing Services Clinician
1-877-HERO-877
No comments:
Post a Comment