Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Secrets To Success
Reasons for Fighting

WAR 
By T.L. (Graduate and General the Sons of Helaman Program)

No man would freely go to war unless he had a reason. 
All men in combat must have strength; 
All soldiers must be seasoned. 

So, how, they ask, do I prevail in this battlefield of blood. 
With men with greater strength than I 
Coming at me through the mud 

I fight with heart for those I love 
I fight for stronger reason 
I fight because I know this war lasts only for a season. 

I fight to show this beastly demon how forceless his attacks 
when faced with light of any kind. 
He’ll finally break and crack. 

I fight for when the day will come I’ll see my father’s face. 
So when he looks into my eyes, 
I’ll feel his soothing grace. 

I fight because I know if I can hold on ‘till its done, 
he’ll look me in the eyes and say, 
“You’ve made me proud, my son.”


No comments:

Post a Comment