Wednesday, April 15, 2015



Image result for alan buys
Everything But The Victim

A Poetry Jam 


By Alan Buys


I have never been raped
I can't pretend to know anyone's pain
I can't pretend to know how hard it is
I can't pretend to know how to help a victim
But I can tell you
And I will tell you

You don't let one of your guilty fingers on your guilty hands even itch in their direction.

Victim blaming
Victim: a person who has been attacked

Injured

Robbed

Or killed

By someone else

Synonyms: casualty, prey

Which brings me to my first thing to say

I blame the predators

The wolves
The lions
Neither noble nor proud
Who stalk
And prowl
And study their prey

Who stare drooling
And plotting

I blame the predator
The scum
Who think and feel and daydream with their genitalia
Instead of their hearts

I blame the predators
I blame the perverts who view
Their fellow humans
As porn

I blame a society where
Sex must be dirty filthy naughty
Instead of beautiful

I blame an internet that teaches women
10 easy tips to drive men wild
And teaches men that one weird trick to score with a chick

I blame a society that is asking women to flaunt themselves in public and shame themselves in private

I blame a society that tells boys that if they don't
Score touchdowns
Shoot animals with guns
And bang babes
That they will never be men

I blame a culture of parents Uncomfortable with
Telling their children about sex
Who tell their children that a vagina is a ya ya and a penis is a ding dong
And then shout at them for showing their boyfriend their ya ya in the back seat of a vroom vroom

I blame politicians who legislate for less sexual education and then send naked selfies to their mistresses

I blame a society that has put a less than sign between love and sex
And has put a less than sign between sex and masturbation

I blame corporations that sell women to sell their products
And car shows that bring the crowds with cherry red lipstick instead of cherry red Ferraris

I blame people who do nothing and sit idly by
With words like "My daughter would never be stupid enough."
"Or my son would never be wimpy enough to let a women take him like that."
I blame people who insist that someone asked to be

Attacked

Injured

Robbed

Or killed

Blame everything
But the victim

Permission to share given by Alan Buys

No comments:

Post a Comment